Web site terms and privacy
We do not represent or warrant that the website, advice, opinion, statement, information, content or online services will be error-free or will meet any particular criteria of accuracy, completeness, reliability, performance or quality. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement or information shall be at your sole risk. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of this website.
Without derogating from the generality of the above, we will not be liable for:* any interruption, malfunction, downtime or other failure of the website or online services, our system, databases or any of its components, for reasons beyond our control;
* any loss or damage with regard to customer data or other data directly or indirectly caused by malfunction of our system, third party systems, power failures, unlawful access to or theft of data, computer viruses or destructive code on our system or third party systems; programming defects;
* any interruption, malfunction, downtime or other failure of goods or services provided by third parties, including, without limitation, third party systems such as the public switched telecommunication service providers, internet service providers, electricity suppliers, local authorities and certification authorities;
* any event over which we have no direct control.Prices
Any information supplied by you will only be held and used for our purposes in order to conduct business with you and to improve our level of service. We will not pass on your details to any third party without your express agreement.Availability
Products and services are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time, including after you have placed your order. If your order cannot be fulfilled we will let you know.Use of this site
You may view or print individual pages from this site for your own personal use but you may not copy, reproduce, modify, distribute, republish, re-sell, display, post or transmit any part of this site without our permission.Changes to the terms
We reserve the right to remove, modify or change without notice any information on this site from time to time. If you use the site after any changes have been made you will be bound by the new terms. You should therefore ensure that you read the terms each time you use the site.
Terms and Conditions
1. Pinder Plants Ltd supply traded nursery stock from the UK and Europe. Every effort is made to ensure that the stock is true to name and free from virus, pests and diseases.
2. Any damages, shortages and complaints cannot be acknowledged unless made in writing within 3 working days from the date of delivery or collection. Damaged goods must be retained for inspection. Complaints can be posted or emailed to the addresses below.
3. Pinder Plants Ltd will not accept responsibility for the planting and aftercare of stock once it has been accepted. However, Pinder Plants Ltd will offer a full refund should stock not be true to type.
4. All goods delivered or collected remain the property of Pinder Plants Ltd until they have been paid for in full.
Pricing and Payment
1. All prices are presented in pounds sterling, excluding VAT and excluding any delivery charge (unless clearly stated). Delivery will be charged at cost.
2. VAT is charged at 20%
3. Payments to Pinder Plants Ltd should be made by cheque on the day of delivery or collection. Deposits may be requested for larger orders. Please make cheques payable to ‘Pinder Plants Ltd’
4. Payments by bank transfer will require 3 days clearance, before goods can be delivered or collected.
Information we collect
Personal data is information that an individual can be identified from. We take great care with personal data and collect it only to allow us to run our business more efficiently in how we serve our customers. We collect the following types of data but only when you decide to give the information, so you can be a customer of Pinder Plants Ltd:
- Company Name, Contact Name, Telephone Number, Email Address, VAT Number, Company Number
which are only used to produce Quotations, Delivery Notes and Invoices
Email addresses are used for contact purposes and to deal with your general correspondence.
Who are we?
Pinder Plants Ltd is the data controller (contact details bottom of page). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
Pinder Plants Ltd complies with its obligations by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
· To operate Pinder Plants Ltd
· To be able to send quotations, delivery notes and invoices
· To send attached plant lists and images to support quotations and requests
· To provide help and advice to customers.
Children are not eligible to use our services and we ask that minors (under 18 years of age) do not submit any personal information to us.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will not be shared with any other organisations or companies without your consent. We process your data for a legitimate interest and this is to allow us to fulfil a contractual obligation to you as a customer of Pinder Plants Ltd and any relevant information relating to that.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary. On request, we will delete all of your data or provide an explanation of why we cannot.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption [under the GDPR], you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
The right to request a copy of your personal data held by us;
The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain it;
The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable);
The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
We will not transfer your data abroad.
Further processing If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
Pinder Plants Ltd
77 Eastfield Lane
Tel: 07912 447738
Fax: 01425 489954
Vat No. 911 9592 13
EC Plant Passport No. UK/EW 102637
Company Registration No. 6311679